Sheep Guarding Llama 2

Scott's new blog dedicated to, well, blogging! And all things SGL.

Wednesday, October 05, 2005

I made it to Jersey but...

Everytime I come to New Jersey there is some new catastrophe. I was really hoping to wrap up tonight and head towards New York at least a ways. But no. I arrived on time but we had some major issues. It is approaching midnight now, about the time that I had been hoping to have been heading towards Ithaca, but I have not even started yet. In fact, it might be some time yet before I get to get started.

So what are my plans now? I have no idea. I will probably get out of here well after 3:00 am and traffic will start getting bad not that long after that point. That really, really sucks since I don't have a hotel around here - or anywhere at this point - so I might be stuck driving in some pretty nasty conditions for a pretty long way. So I am going to do everything that I can to get out of here as early as possible but it isn't looking very likely at this point.

I could easily be here until 6:00 am at which point I am just going to get a local hotel at any cost for two nights and that will be that. But I am supposed to be in Ithaca today and it would be nice if I could manage to actually make it.

Luckily I am not tired yet but there is a lot of night left to go in which to get tired. To make matters worse the stores here all closed a few minutes ago - including the Wegmans that I am working at so I have no way to buy anything including caffeine beverages for the rest of the night. I do have enough gas in the car to make it to New York so I don't have to worry about that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home