Sheep Guarding Llama 2

Scott's new blog dedicated to, well, blogging! And all things SGL.

Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Out in Perth Amboy

Oh the excitement of New Jersey. I left Geneseo around 2:30 this afternoon and I arrived here in Woodbridge, just outside of Perth Amboy, NJ, at 8:30. I thought that that was making some pretty decent time considering that I stopped for gas in town as I left, went to Barnes and Nobles in Big Flats to do some quick shopping and grabbed a quick bite and drink at the Taco Bell next door while I was there. That means that the travel time is somewhere between five and five and a half hours.

Right now, it is 10:30 and the plan is still to wrap up here as early as a I can (11:30 is the absolute earliest with midnight being a lot more plausible) and driving straight back to Geneseo tonight in the hopes of getting a little sleep before I have to get up and drive down to Castile tomorrow afternoon.

It rained the entire trip from Geneseo to here. Luckily, it was seldom heavy enough to cause real driving issues but enough to keep everyone from travelling at top speeds. I hope that it lightens up some before I have to drive back. That is a lot of driving for one day. In fact, this will be one of my top ten all time driving days, I would venture to guess. The days that I drove from Kentucky to Alabama to Florida was a long one. My shot from Rochester to Chicago and back was super long. My drive from DC to Anderson, DC to Atlanta back to Anderson was long too. And the record is my drive from Rochester to Albany to Halifax. But this one is pretty long.

I am going to be teaching a class on blogging this semester, it looks like. The class is titled "New Media and the Internet Lifestyle" and we are going to be talking about stuff like blogging, syndication, podcasting, VoIP, etc. It should be a fun class. It will be one of my after-school deals down in Castile. It will probably run for eight weeks. I think that it will be a lot of fun. If anyone is interested in attending, just put a comment on this article and I can get you the details.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home