Sheep Guarding Llama 2

Scott's new blog dedicated to, well, blogging! And all things SGL.

Sunday, March 20, 2005

First Rule of Blogging

Post early, post often.

People read blogs because they are interested in what they contain. It is important for people to be able to return to a blog periodically to see new things - to feel like they are a part of a community. If you want to maintain a consistent readership, then you have to get into the habit of continually updating your blog. Fail to update regularly (read: daily) and people will begin to not visit your site out of habit and soon people will forget to visit your site altogether. I have experienced this phenominon myself over the years and have learned that only occasionally can I miss a day of posting. Most readers will simply assume that a blog has been abandoned if more than a few days pass without an update.

A current blog is a happy blog.

1 Comments:

At 12:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there " Scott Alan Miller " --- I was in the search engines researching SEO Software when I came upon your blog..... I don't know if you are out of place in the engines, or I am out of place and just don't realize it :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home