Sheep Guarding Llama 2

Scott's new blog dedicated to, well, blogging! And all things SGL.

Monday, June 13, 2005

Perkins Restaurant Sucks

This post is originally from Sheep Guarding Llama but I was so absolutely disgusted with the treatment that I received from Carrie Giambra at Perkins on Jefferson Road in Rochester (Henrietta) that I decided to post a copy of the message here so that more people would see it.

...Our lunch at Perkins went so poorly that we have decided never to return. The general manager made it quite clear that she wasn't interested in having any vegetarians as customers there so we will please her greatly by avoiding her deteriorating restaurant chain. After a lifetime of frequenting the Perkins chain (there used to be one here in Geneseo for those of you who don't remember.) I think I know that I am able to make substitutions on the menu. Traditionally Perkins has been a very friendly place interested in customer service. But, according to the manager, there are no longer any menu item changes allowed - even if it would mean higher profit margins for the company - because their corporate inventory control system is so pathetic that it can't track inventory as well as Burget King's was able to ten years ago. Nice to see that there has been progress. Supposedly, according to the unpleasent manager, they cannot give us bread or eggs instead of meat on a breakfast item because the inventory system will report the meat anyway (who wrote that software?) and they will be out of sync and that is more important that happy or returning customers. Interesting philosophy. It was extrememly frustrating because the new Perkins menu has added meat to almost every menu item so that there is no way for a vegetarian to order anything. Not even a salad or breakfast. At Denny's there is only a few non-meat items but they willing make substitutions all of the time without hesitation. Well, obviously Perkins doesn't want me to be a customer there and I am more than willing to appease them. Fortunately, we received a "survey" with our bill so I went online and let corporate know what I thought of Carrie Giambra, their rude, unprofessional manager. I plan to call them and talk to them as well to make sure that they understand just how upset I am that they treated us like that. I have never been treated so rudely in a restaurant (okay, actually Tom Wahl's once treated me worse back in 1993 and I didn't eat their again until they got bought out by Bill Grays, now they are a really nice place.) I never thought that I would be happy that Denny's bought out Perkins in this area but boy am I glad now. They are half the price and twice as nice (oh, that was insulting, I mean ten times as nice.) Denny's now has a bigger menu and plenty of stuff that I actually want to eat. I had to get a belgian waffle at Perkins because it was the only thing without meat.

5 Comments:

At 6:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really think that u should really specify the location and let ppl know that it's not all the perkins. I never had a problem with it. Maybe u just had a bad waitress and manager.. Sorry for ur bad time there.

 
At 12:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there " Scott Alan Miller " --- I was in the search engines researching SEO Software when I came upon your blog..... I don't know if you are out of place in the engines, or I am out of place and just don't realize it :-)

 
At 9:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, I was actually just searching for our website to look at our online menu to research a question (I work for Perkins in Minnesota) and my search brought up a link to your blog. I am so disheartened by your experience. I can't speak for the company, but your experience is obviously not something that we strive for. I'm not sure what your particular location's policies are, but there is actually lots of stuff on the menu that you can order and your server should be able to assist you with that. Even if you never go back to that Perkins, I hope that you'll give the company another chance somewhere else. Just as you wouldn't want an embarassing action of one of your friends to reflect who you are and what you stand for, please don't let your experience the other day do the same for Perkins. Thanks for your time.

 
At 2:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My husband and I went to perkins for dinner recently in Hamburg New York. The food was terrible. My husband got breakfast and I got pork chops. The pancakes weren't cooked all the way and the sausage was mushy on the inside and the pork chops were paper thin, dry and rubbery and the size of softballs. The meals weren't worth $8.95 for each. I could get a better meal at a soup kitchen and that is free.

 
At 2:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sat., 7/15/06-10:30 am

Just had to comment on my recent breakfast experience at the Perkins in Janesville, WI

Good Points:
Hostess was friendly and courteous

Waitress was friendly and courteous

Food arrived in a timely manner

My Omelette was very good

Bad Points:
My wife requested water and received a glass with something floating in it and was trying to remove it as the waitress was taking our order. The waitress did not offer to replace the water and did so only when I requested a different glass of water.

The food arrived with 8 half slices of uniformly burned toast. My wife and I commented on the toast in the presence of the waitress and she offered to replace the toast. We gladly accepted this offer. She returned with 8 half slices of warm white bread which had been warm enough to melt the butter, get soggy and be inedible (wish we had kept the burned toast).

Approximately 50% of my hash browns were burned to hard brown ribbons of........

As my wife was eating her omelette, she stopped chewing and had to remove a piece of bone from her mouth (I don't quite understand how you get a piece of bone in an omelette, but I guess anything is possible).

As I was paying the bill, my wife went to the restroom and commented when we got to the car that the restroom was not dirty, but filthy.

Please tell me what is going on with the Perkins Restaurants. I have always enjoyed the Perkins facilities since they originally opened and I will hopefully enjoy them in the future, but I know that I will never return to the Perkins in Janesville.

Sincerely,
Thom

 

Post a Comment

<< Home