Sheep Guarding Llama 2

Scott's new blog dedicated to, well, blogging! And all things SGL.

Thursday, March 17, 2005

The Son of Sheep Guarding Llama

Okay, so a second SGL site? How could this be? How could there be so much in the universe to write about that there has to be the regular diary blog, the technology blog and now this - SGL2? Are you mad? Crazy? Insane? All three?

Maybe.

But Sheep Guarding Llama has developed a certain identity and I wanted to have a forum for more esoterical matters. Actually, I don't know what esoterical means so maybe I mean something else. It just sounded good. What I am looking for here is a place to discuss blogging, SGL in particular and a place to try out some of the new technologies in the blog space that I don't have ready access to over at SGL proper such as RSS syndication and audioblogging. So we will be experimenting here. Isn't that cool?

I know that everyone is really excited that there is more blogging to come than there has been in the past. Nothing beats blogs, right? Oh, everyone will also be able to reply back to me on here so this will be a nice forum for that as well. SGL doesn't support user comments - and I am not sure that I want it to. I like the format of SGL quite and bit and while I would like to tweak somethings, I think that it is pretty neat and I like that fact that it is all hand-rolled. I would like to add RSS syndication out there though. Maybe down the road a little ways. One thing at a time.

I would also like to take this opportunity to encourage all of my readers to get out there and start making blogs. Blogs are so cool and so much fun. They are a really great way to document your life, to communicate with family and friends, to share content (I hope to be adding pictures and stuff here soon since we have had problems getting that stuff onto some of our other sites), etc. Blogs give you a chance to express yourself and are a good outlet for that writer in all of us.

Okay... now don't forget, Sheep Guarding Llama is still the main site with all of the current updates and news but don't forget to check back here as well. Maybe I will do something really neat and exciting with it. I definitely don't know what that will be yet, but I might be able to come up with something if I work at it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home